Broadwing

Rachel Warren rachel at plur.net
Fri Jul 27 18:08:21 UTC 2001

[snip.  Mr. Hansel Lee asks for comments about Broadwing's service]

> Just remember that Broadwing is not actually a Tier 1 provider.  They are a
> Tier 2 striving to become a Tier 1.

<banging head against the wall>

Can we repeat this one more time:

Tiers. Don't. Exist.

[And if anyone thinks I'm starting that !@#$ thread again (which I am
most definately *not*), just remember this:
http://webhome.idirect.com/~peterp/chat.jpg ]

> When I was looking at them, I found
> that you could obtain just as good or better pricing from an actual Tier 1
> provider.  Check out Exodus, Verio, and Genuity.

I think the more pertinent question should be more of "Which provider
should you choose that will not be going out of business in the next six
months?"

> Last I checked they were offering some seriously competitive pricing on OCs.

That's because they are desperate for any type of customer at this point.
Gotte Chapter 11 coming?

Rachel

--
Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit. - Virgil, The Aeneid.