NAP History (was RE: The large ISPs and Peering)

Steven Schnell sschnell at cisco.com
Fri Jul 27 00:28:19 UTC 2001

At the time we were developing the architecture for the NY NAP ATM was
supported only via that nasty DXI interface.  Costly, less reliable, and not
easy to configure.  Some of you may recall Tim Salo's working group
discussions in that regard.

I recall seeing a UUnet router at the Sprint NAP.  At least, that's what the
dymo label on the front of the 7505 said!

Steven