The large ISPs and Peering

Jeb R. Linton jeblinton at corp.earthlink.net
Thu Jul 26 04:20:43 UTC 2001

Vijay and Steve have pretty much hit it on the head as far as the
(apparently not-so-) clear reasons for this effort.

Majdi, what you don't seem to be taking into account is that this isn't
speculation on something that could or should be done, it's commentary on
something that has been done.

Regardless my opinion (and apparently most others') that this is an
advantageous move for the large providers, actions speak loader than words.
*They* judged that this is the financially sensible thing to do, and they
acted on this judgement.

- Jeb