product liability (was 'we should all be uncomfortable withthe extent to which luck..')

Dave O'Shea doshea at telentente.com
Thu Jul 26 04:21:21 UTC 2001

If you look to the left of the display, you'll see an arrangement of
traditional mechanical instruments, as backups. (Actually, even high-end
business jets and commercial craft have them too).

Belt-and-suspenders thinking might not have originated in the aviation
field, but the lack of it is far more fatal there than in ISP-land. :-)

obNANOGcontent: Assuming that Murphy is always lurking just around the
corner is about the best planning method I've come across.