'we should all be uncomfortable with the extent to which luck..'

z at s0be.net z at s0be.net
Thu Jul 26 01:44:34 UTC 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> Hey, we have had to do without SSH in more than one CISCO IOS build in the last
> 6 months in 12.1 / 12.2.
>
> This always made me feel very nervous.

   One way of avoiding this is to always have a console server that has
SSH implemented into the IOS build ( or even a separate vendor that
supports SSH ).    This way you centrally access your network devices from
one spot, authenticated by SSH, if any of the devices in question do not
support SSH ( yes this  can be impractical, but I typically want to have
console access to every  device I administer if possible anyway ).

.z