How many ISPs are out there?

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Tue Jul 24 10:26:27 UTC 2001

 well, once upon a time....  you weren't really considered an "ISP"
 unless you were able to play the BGP game.  So an ASN once was an
 hallmark of an I{A,S}P.  Things change so I expect it is much harder
 to figure out, externally, what an I{A,S}P is than it used to be.
 I still use the ASN token as a discriminator. YMMV