NSI NIC handles

Daniel Senie dts at senie.com
Mon Jul 23 16:46:02 UTC 2001

At 12:36 PM 7/23/01, kai at pac-rim.net wrote:

>Given that most everyone here has registered NIC handles with Network
>Solutions, some with probably more than 100 network and domain objects
>associated with a handle: how exactly do your updates to those NIC
>handles measure up with plain NSI domain updates?
>
>Has the process of updating them at NSI gone into "manual mode" -
>meaning that it now takes days, even weeks to complete the updates?

It appears nearly impossible to update certain data at NSI (NIC handle data
being among those). Just heard NSI is complaining about the rate at which
people are transferring domains away. Duh, go figure... I get updates of
all sorts done to data within a few hours with the registrar I use, and
could spend a week pleading with NSI, or being asked to pay a
bribe^H^H^Hfee to get them to fix data. Funny, who would YOU choose?
Daniel Senie                                        dts at senie.com
Amaranth Networks Inc.                    http://www.amaranth.com