Update: CSX train derailment

Jeff Gehlbach jeffg at empire.com
Thu Jul 19 18:25:26 UTC 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 11:11:14AM -0700, Sean Donelan wrote:
> The Baltimore Fire Department started removing train cars from
> the tunnel this morning, but stopped when the fire flared up
> again.

Once the fire is back under control, we'll hear:

It has been reported by sources close to the BFD that one of the cars
was a flatbed carrying a load of backhoes.  This cargo explains the
extensive fiber cuts that happened in the tunnel around the time of
the accident and had previously been blamed on the fire.

--
Jeff Gehlbach, Concord Communications <jgehlbach at concord.com>
Senior Professional Services Consultant, Atlanta