When will 128M not be enough?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Jul 15 20:57:00 UTC 2001

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Christopher A. Woodfield wrote:

> I'm trying to convince someone NOT to use a Cisco 2650 for BGP
> multihoming, and my argument will, IMO, be a bit more effective if
> I can say "you'll need to replace it within X months/years"...

I was just recently trying to convince someone just the opposit.  I lost
and they went with a non-Cisco solution.

If the 2650's 128mb of memory isn't enough, what are you recommending?
The only Cisco options I'm aware of are the 3660 series or 7x00
class...both of which are overkill for a small network with 2-3 T1's and
BGP peers.

 Atlantic Net                |