DDoS attacks

Mitch Halmu mitch at netside.net
Thu Jul 12 19:35:43 UTC 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Christopher A. Woodfield wrote:

> *plonk*
>
> There is absolutely no relation whatsover between MAPS and DDoS attacks,
> at least in the reality of every NANOG subscriber who's not named Mitch
> Halmu, and trying to turn completely unrelated NANOG threads into your
> personal soapbox is, IMHO, in extremely poor taste and professional
> judgement.

Now I remember: you're the semihuman.com centaur, half man and half horse!
How's the nose, still brown? ;)

> Remember, there are people here who make hiring decisions. You
> never know when you might find yourself interviewing with one of them.

What makes you think that I may need a job? Judging from the stock market
conditions, your friends at Metromedia may come knocking first.

> When you stop trying to turn every thread into whining about MAPS and
> your god-given right to run an open relay and every mail server
> admin's divine duty accept email from said open relay, let me know.
> >From a different email address, of course.
>
> -C

The comment was on topic, inspired by remarks likening open SMTP relays
to DDoS.

--Mitch
NetSide