DDOS prevention offensive.

Bill Larson blarson at compu.net
Thu Jul 12 17:25:28 UTC 2001

To clarify, what I intended to say was if you filter all the IP addresses
that do not belong to you from the Ethernet side of your routers outgoing
traffic. The problems with spoofed or bogus IP addresses coming from your
net blocks go away. If all Internet connected entities did this then this
would make it possible to find and get the systems administrators to have
the zombies patched failing that the zombie machines could be null routed.
This would also assist in tracking down hackers, port scanners, and other
criminal types who currently have free reign over your network with spoofed
addresses.

Bill Larson
Network Administrator , Compu-Net Enterprises
Toll free: (877) 920-1429