Open Peers at PAIX

William B. Norton wbn at wbnorton.org
Tue Jul 10 05:36:02 UTC 2001

One thing I want to add to this thread for ISP Peering Coordinators is a
plug for the Peering Contact Database (PCD).

The Peering Contact Database is a directory of ISP Peering Coordinators
that started at the 1st Peering BOF at NANOG 17 in Montreal. See slides at
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-9910/peering.html  Peering Coordinators that toss
in their business cards (or virtually provide their contact info) get added
to the PCD and as a side effect get a copy of the Peering Contact Database
about every 6 weeks.

The intent is to help folks (and there are a lot of them) that need to get
peering contact information to initiate the process. During the my peering
research getting this initial contact information turned out to be a real
challenge. I would also point out that this is a small community service
project that is not affiliated with my work at Equinix.

If (and only if) you are an ISP Peering Coordinator and would like to
participate, please send e-mail to wbn at wbnorton.org and I'll return a copy
of the PCD template to fill out.

Thanks and hope this helps!

Bill