SWIP update intervals (was: Re: Getting an AS and /18)

Christopher A. Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Tue Jul 3 14:58:55 UTC 2001

...and while we're on the subject of SWIPs, can I get a pet peeve off my
chest - the fact that RADB entries are updated in minutes, yet it takes
typically 24 hours or more for a SWIP database change to show up in the
servers (and the next day to even determine that the change was accepted
by the servers)? Is there any real reason for ARIN to not be able to
update the database in near-real-time?

Christopher A. Woodfield		rekoil at semihuman.com

PGP Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B