Getting an AS and /18

Andy Ellifson andy at ellifson.com
Mon Jul 2 22:49:31 UTC 2001

I have a customer that is a cable modem provider.  They submitted the
form to request an AS and some address space.  The response from ARIN
wanted a ton of documentation.  I understand why ARIN requires all of
the documentation.  Does ARIN require a ton of SWIPS be present for the
customer before they will issue address space?  This customer genuinely
needs the address space but doesn't have the time to gather up all the
information that is 'required'.  Does anyone know of a person they can
talk to at ARIN to help with this process?

-Andy Ellifson