GRC rides again...

Owen DeLong owen at dixon.delong.sj.ca.us
Mon Jul 2 18:37:44 UTC 2001

> On Mon, 02 Jul 2001 11:25:08 PDT, Mike Batchelor <mikebat at tmcs.net>  said:
>
> > "Decades ago" implies more than one decade ago, which puts this purported
> > statement by Novell sometime prior to 1981.  That was a very prescient
>
> Umm.. does "one and a bit more" decades count?  One decade ago was 1991,
> and *two full* decades are required to get to 1981.

Does it really matter.  The point is that over a decade ago, it was easily
predictable that the folks in Redmond lacked clue, especially when it came
to networking, cooperative networking, and security.  Today, it is more clear
than ever.  Unfortunately, when it comes to computers, the people making
the decisions seem to know little enough about them that they accept:

	Our car will allow you to do over 300 MPH

As a good thing, ignoring the fact that the car lacks the ability to turn
away from a brick wall or that the car requires that you buy all of your
gasoline from the dealership.

Owen