Exodus Down

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sun Jul 1 21:30:08 UTC 2001

At 11:54 AM -0700 7/1/01, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>If the worst  were to happen, and a  few years down the road VA  were to run
>out of cash before being profitable, I'm  pretty sure that SF could be taken
>over by someone else, and of  course all the projects are on ftp[1-x].sf.net
>sites which are mirrored already.

It couldn't be "taken over" by anyone else without cash changing
hands. It's a corporate asset of VA Linux Systems, Inc.  -- the Inc.
is the important part there.

Publicly traded companies going belly up don't get to "give" their
assets away, they sell them - at fair market value - or they face
lawsuits from shareholders.

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |