Uunet changing

Christopher Ambler cambler-nanog at iodesign.com
Tue Jan 30 06:29:06 UTC 2001

Ah, closure. It was, as I recall, around 1990 or 1991 that the company I
helped found, "UUPlus" got UUNet's dander in an uproar over our name.
UUNet thought that they owned all trademarks with "UU" in them. We
were, of course, a company that made UUCP software for PCs, so the
name made sense, as I saw it. Again, as I recall, UUNet gave up after
about 3 months and $30,000 in legal fees.

Does this put the nail in the coffin for all things (and references) UUCP,
I wonder?

--
Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.