sorry to ruin several of your evenings...

Marius Strom marius at marius.org
Tue Jan 30 04:52:18 UTC 2001

Oh, the regexes were many and nasty.  I was burned back on my personal
nameserver a month or so ago on the 9.0.0 release, and fixed it by hand.
The 300 or so domains hosted on the work machines.. well, gross regexes.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 11:42:26PM -0500, jlewis at lewis.org wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2001, Paul Vixie wrote:
>
> > vince at penguin-power.com ("Vincent Power") writes:
> >
> > > the only thing that I had to do when upgrading between 8.x and 9.x was at
> > > add $TTL line to the top of every zone file.
> >
> > BIND 8.2.3 makes you do that, too.
>
> It complains about the absence of $TTL, but it doesn't "make you do it".
>
> How many other sites got burned by non-RFC compliant SOA record formats
> that used to work in every prior bind 8 / bind 4 version?  I refuse to
> believe I'm the only one.  I had to write a pair of little perl scripts
> and a bourne shell script to examine all our zone files and fix the ones
> that needed fixing.
>
> --
>  Jon Lewis *jlewis at lewis.org*|  I route
>  System Administrator        |  therefore you are
>  Atlantic Net                |

Marius Strom <marius at marius.org>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator
http://www.marius.org/marius.pgp 0x55DE53E4

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a mini-van full of DLT
tapes traveling down the highway at 65 miles per hour..."
	-Andrew Tanenbaum, "Computer Networks"