Cat. 6509 - Foundry Server Iron Interoperability

michael michael at APlatform.com
Mon Jan 29 17:55:27 UTC 2001

Hello,

Since there is a question here about Foundry.. I am running various
foundry equipment from their routers, fwlb's, si's, 4000 and 8000.
Curious if others are experiencing issues.  More specificaly with fwlb 4
pack with nokia checkpoint and hashing issues as well as cpu loads on the
4000's.

Thanks,

Michael...

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Alison Gudgeon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder if anyone else has experienced the following problem and could
> perhaps offer a solution:
>
> Interconnecting Catalyst 6509 Short Haul GBICs up to a Foudry Server Iron SX
> with SC-SC fibre patch lead. The foundry sees a link light BUT the cisco
> see's nothing connected.  What sprung to mind was auto neg. problems on the
> CAT but auto neg is not a supported option so it can't be this?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Alison

APlatform - A full service Internet Service Provider in Los Altos, CA
http://www.aplatform.com - ftp.aplatform.com - voice (650) 941-2647