How common is lack of DNS server diversity?

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Sun Jan 28 00:42:00 UTC 2001

I can also add
www.pacificroot.com
www.atlanticroot.com
www.irsc.com

and a whole bunch of others...

> http://www.dnso.org/constituency/gtld/gtld.html:
>
> : Root servers.
> : 	The list of 13 current root servers
> : 	ftp://ftp.rs.internic.net/domain/named.root
> : 	The map of 13 current root servers
> : 	http://www.wia.org/pub/rootserv.html
> : 	IAB Technical Comment on the Unique DNS Root
> : 	http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2826.txt
>
> http://www.icann.org/committees/dns-root/y2k-statement.htm

You can selectively look at anything you want. All sites had both pro and
con positions.

> I can't find anything that supports your comments at
> open-rsc.org, and I'm
> going to assume that you threw in dnso.net as a joke, since
> a) you own the domain

I figured that you were adult enough to make up your own mind. However, your
constant string of personal insults seems to contradict such evaluation.

As difficult as you try and make it, I am trying to remain neutral here.

-=-
Personal insults fm Adam McKenna	5, slightly over 1 per message
Personal insults fm Roeland Meyer	0