How common is lack of DNS server diversity?

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Sat Jan 27 22:40:39 UTC 2001

Then, how do you intelligently talk about the other entities I bring up?

BTW, I didn't invent some of this. The semantic need exists and because of
resistance to further definition, folks are making their own semantics to
fill the vacume. You really ought to look at what MSFT uses for DDNS
semantics, it is a nightmare. The reason that they came up with their own,
is because there were no pre-existing semantics that would cover the
concepts. MHSC, ORSC, and I suspect uDNS, had to do the same thing. One
resultant is, that we have conflicting semantics.

ref: what I said about routing around the problem.

Denial is not a river in Egypt and won't make the problem go away.