From Microsoft's site

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Thu Jan 25 13:11:50 UTC 2001

Vladis, et al;

  Of course, we know (well :) that there have been multicast problems
from the MSDP storms from the RAMEN since Saturday before last. If there
have been wider network
problems caused by these MSDP storms, I would like to hear of them,
either on
or off list. I would like to give a report on this in Atlanta.

   For those MSDPer's out there, we have good luck with rate limits to limit
the damage. I will be glad to share (off list?) the configs used.

   Also, FWIW, there does not seem to have been a MSDP storm at 5:00 PM
or so
on Tuesday.

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks