From Microsoft's site

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Jan 25 05:37:58 UTC 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Roeland Meyer wrote:

> Connect 22.5 hours worth of dots between these two events.
>
> > At approximately 5 p.m. Wednesday (PST), Microsoft removed the changes
> > to the router configuration and immediately saw a massive
> > improvement in the DNS network.
>
> Their management should be real embarrassed to take so long to back out the
> last-change.

Somebody bitched a router config, and it took 22.5 hours to figure it out?
That's the sort of goof you might expect from a mom and pop ISP with a
hundred customers and virtually no IP clue.  I'll be shocked if multiple
people (at multiple levels) aren't fired over this.  Screwing up happens.
Taking this long to figure out what you (or even for others to figure out
what someone else) screwed up is just absolutely unbelievable.

Is the brain cell in their networking division on vacation this week?

 Atlantic Net                |