Wierd Route

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Jan 22 09:29:53 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001, Jon Stanley wrote:

> The part that I was particularly concerned about was where it left qwest
> for BBNPlanet and got right back on Qwest.  I went ahead and gave them a
> call (at the number listed on Jared's page), and they asked for a
> traceroute, etc.  I gave them all the research that I had done and they
> just kinda fell silent when they saw my email to them.   Then they said
> "We'll have our NOC group take a look at this.".  I thought that I had
> called the NOC!!!!  Yet more examples of clueless morons manning the
> phones.  (Not saying that my employer is not guilty of the same :-( ),

<off-topic>

.. and since various companies keep hiring bright university students
right off the bat, they don't get to spend time learning how the net
works by working in a NOC.

Which means, finding clueful people to staff a NOC is getting more
difficult each day.

Thanks guys. :-)

</offtopic>

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Sex Change: a simple job of outside
<adrian at creative.net.au>	  to inside plumbing."