Backbone recommendations / Cleardata long-haul?

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Wed Jan 17 17:49:47 UTC 2001

I'm in the process of dumping our secondary backbone provider, and I am
looking for recommendations on a new one.  Does anyone work for, or use, a
backbone provider that they feel is top-notch?  I've been repeatedly
disappointed in quality, service, and unmet promises from a variety of
providers over the past seven years.

Also, has anyone had experience with ClearData for long-haul point-to-point
service?  I'm looking to replace our connection to PAIX.  ClearData is
incredibly cheap, but they're also new and apt to make incredible
promises.  Before I start wading through their lovely indemnity clauses on
their contract, I'd like to find out whether they're worth the trouble or
not.

Thanks in advance.