[Possible OT] California, and running off of generators for extended periods

John Fraizer nanog at EnterZone.Net
Tue Jan 16 19:18:34 UTC 2001

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Richard A. Steenbergen wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 10:03:25AM -0800, Sean Morrison wrote:
> >
> > Anyone using or considering using a gas turbine instead of diesel to
> > run their generators?
>
> Why not just go straight to nuclear powered colo? :P
>
> http://www.uic.com.au/nip60.htm
>
> --
> Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net>   http://www.e-gerbil.net/humble
> PGP Key ID: 0x138EA177  (67 29 D7 BC E8 18 3E DA  B2 46 B3 D8 14 36 FE B6)

Looks like a great idea but, in Columbus, people can't even get a license
to sell booze on Sunday, let alone run a nuclear plant.

Can you imagine going to your city councel and saying "The good news is
that we're getting rid of the generator that everyone has been complaining
about.  The bad news is that we want to install a nuclear plant."

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc