California hits stage 3 power emergency

Dalvenjah FoxFire dalvenjah at DAL.NET
Thu Jan 11 20:37:04 UTC 2001

I haven't seen Sean post about this yet, so figured I would.

California's been getting hit with a nasty storm since yesterday that's
taken out some more major power plants; the CAISO declared a Stage 3
(rolling blackouts all around) power emergency just before 9 AM PST today.

See http://www.caiso.com/SystemStatus.html for pretty graphs.

Have you test-run your backup generators and transfer switches lately? }:>

-dalvenjah

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen)  In cyberspace, noone knows you're
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network       wearing pointy ears.

 e-mail: dalvenjah at dal.net             WWW: http://www.dal.net/~dalvenjah/
 whois: SN90                           Try DALnet! http://www.dal.net/