Traffic Analizer

Robert Beverly rbeverly at rbeverly.net
Wed Jan 10 16:50:50 UTC 2001

Junipers with Internet Processor IIs and JunOS >= 4.2 also support
exporting netflow records (version 5 or 8).  Unfortunately they do it
by sampling each Nth packet (where N is configurable) and sending to
the SCB (the juniper routing engine).  The connection to the SCB is
only 100Mb while the router supports much higher speed interfaces, so
we have had to use low sampling rates to avoid saturating the SCP
connection.  In practice we optically split trunks and use passive
monitors (up to OC12, working on OC48).

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos42/swconfig-interfaces42/html/sampling-config.html

rob