net.terrorism

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Wed Jan 10 01:42:24 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:49:50PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I'd rather get partial announcements than traffic-filtered announcements.
> That way, my other network pipes (which hopefully have a path without
> above.net in it to vuurwerk) will take over. above.net are happy.
> vuurwerk is happy. life is good. no bitching or extra configuration.

personally speaking, and no disrespect to any abovenet network engineers, or anyone
else, but I would *MUCH* rather a solution which doesn't involve them logging
onto several routers to block 1 route (I don't know how many places abovenet peer
with uunet, but I'll bet that its more than 1 place)

a) Add a blackhole route  (1 config change)
b) Tag/block route on ingress (X config changes)
c) block route on egress (Y config changes)

John Payne      http://www.sackheads.org/jpayne/    john at sackheads.org
http://www.sackheads.org/uce/                    Fax: +44 870 0547954
        To send me mail, use the address in the From: header