net.terrorism

John Belcher jbelcher at xram.com
Tue Jan 9 15:45:53 UTC 2001

Sabri, did you not understand this...
> Announcing a netblock doesn't promise that every address in that block
> exists or is reachable.  A network that is blocked for AUP violations
> doesn't "exist", and usually returns the ICMP message "Unreachable --
> Administratively Prohibited" specifically designed for such situations.
> Have you read "Router Requirements"?

It specifically states that a block can be announced but that does not
guarantee that all hosts will be reachable.  You buy transit from abovenet,
the block in question goes against their AUP, live with it.  And
furthermore, how can you even begin to take part in this conversation if you
haven't read all the relevant literature?  I also strongly suggest you think
twice before you accuse a company of "terrorism" in the future.

-John Belcher