net.terrorism

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Jan 9 14:54:47 UTC 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Sabri Berisha wrote:

> That's my point. How do I know? Do they provide a static listing with host
> they blackhole? Not that I know of. I only see *some* of my traffic ending
> up in /dev/null...

Probably the same way you found out about this one.  Somebody notices a
site seems to be down only from your network and they complain.  You look
into it, and find that someone is filtering your traffic.

> If they are able to route the host to /dev/null, they will probably be
> able to filter that advertisement out...

Please show us the config necessary to do that.  Assume they'll be using
Cisco routers running any recent version of IOS.

> > And you're saying Above should look the other way while ORBS abuses their
> > network?
>
> No. Why do we keep getting the ORBS discussion in this? This is about
> announcing and nullrouting, not mailrelaytesting.

Because the behavior of ORBS is the reason (I'm assuming that...I don't
actually know it) that Above has null routed that IP.

> > I think it's just about procmail time if this thread continues.
>
> That's also a nullroute ;)

But it's my mail, and I get to decide how to process it.

:0
* ^From:.*<sabri at bit\.nl>
/dev/null

 Atlantic Net                |