net.terrorism

Bill Woodcock woody at zocalo.net
Tue Jan 9 14:54:28 UTC 2001

      On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Sabri Berisha wrote:
    > I am concerned about people and companies who think they are in
    > the position to be net.gods and for political reasons destroy the
    > free character of the internet.

Inasmuch as there exists a "free character of the Internet," you're
complaining about one of its principal promulgators and defenders.

If Paul did not feel that he were free to respond to threats to his
network, the quality of the internet would decline.  Not just because
AboveNet would be less able to preserve its ability to deliver traffic to
sites which _do_ meet its AUP, but much more importantly because other
people, those who don't think quite so much for themselves, would follow
suit, not take an activist position, and would fail to protect their
customers from threats.

I don't think you're taking the side of this argument that you believe
you're taking.

And I think you probably want to stop replying to this thread before
your name makes too permanent an impression in the minds of your peers.
Cross posting something to NANOG and UUNet abuse was not good judgement.

                                -Bill