net.terrorism

Paul A Vixie vixie at mfnx.net
Tue Jan 9 12:51:32 UTC 2001

this is not relevant to nanog, and because of the high likelihood that any
private reply i send will end up being posted to nanog later, i'm going to
drop out of this thread after this reply.

> What I would expect is that you would choose between two things:
>
> 1. you blackhole but do NOT announce those netblocks;
> 2. you annonce AND deliver traffic to every host in it;
>
> Don't you agree that announcing means delivering traffic?

no.

> Especially for customers.

you should read the terms of service in your abovenet customer agreement to
find out what customers can expect from abovenet.

> > why are we discussing this on nanog?
>
> Because Above.net seems violates the first thing needed in
> internetworking: trust. If you tell me you will deliver traffic to $blah,
> I think I may expect you to do so. That's my whole point. Nullroute as
> much as you want but don't announce it on your border routers...

oh good, yet another pointless debate held in yet another ivory tower.  bye.