UUNET peering policy

John Fraizer nanog at EnterZone.Net
Tue Jan 9 10:05:31 UTC 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> Hmm, what are they trying to prove? They want to own the Internet no
> doubt. I'd prefer to pay another like Genuity for transit to UUNET than
> pay them direct and feed their appetite for power.

Agreed.  I am constantly telling UUNET sales monkeys that we'll gladly buy
transit directly from them, as soon as they meet or beat the $ per Mb/s
that we're currently getting.  For now, I'll pay the 3ms "latency tax" to
save 50% on the transit bill.

(UUNET Sales Monkeys, do you read this list?  STOP CALLING ME UNTIL YOU
FIX YOUR PRICES!)

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc