No subject

Daniel L. Golding dan at netrail.net
Tue Jan 9 04:10:59 UTC 2001

This is an especially strange comment, as almost everyone who peers,
interconnects in multiple places - thus, exceeding the capacity of a
single interface.

Layer 1 peering (or pooling, as it's more usually known) is great for
interconnecting fiber networks, fast provisioning, and all that. However,
I fail to see the connection between Layer 1 interconnection and an IP
exchange point of any kind. This seems apples and oranges. Layer 2
exchange points are the only efficient way to go for IP traffic. History
and the "invisible hand" of the market have endorsed this path.

Daniel Golding                           NetRail,Inc.
"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"