FTP with authentication to RADIUS

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Thu Jan 4 22:34:31 UTC 2001

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, joshua stein wrote:

> Michael Medwid wrote:
> > Anyone know of an FTP server product that hooks into RADIUS for
> > authentication?  NT or Linux?
>
> proftpd does, through PAM (which then uses a radius module).  the linux
> port of openbsd's ftpd has PAM support, iirc.
>
> proftpd has more features, but isn't very stable (and has had a few
> security problems in the past).

It's much less security-hole-ridden than the godforsaken piece-of-crap
copy of wuftpd that ships with many Linux distros (in particular, earlier
versions of red hat; I *think* 7 ships with pro, but not sure)

I've found it to work just fine and it has tons of features and is
easily configurable.

Can't speak for OpenBSD ftpd, as I've never used it.

--
Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET
North Shore Technologies Corporation   http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net