Internet metrics III

jamie rishaw jamie at arpa.com
Tue Jan 2 17:38:06 UTC 2001

  Are any major backbones doing Internet metrics in the oldschool
(and more interesting) method -- services breakdown?

  I remember being a cust of OARnet back in the early 90's, being
able to look at true metrics.. bandwidth utilization broken down by
service, what percentage of bandwidth was being used over what services
over a given period of time.

  I haven't seen anything similar to that in years.

  I would love to.  As would many others, I'm sure.

jamie
--
i am jamie at arpa dot com .. and this is my .sig.
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed and unlimited power.

"i remember when i was little, my mom used to tell me how santa couldnt start
his journey until all the little boys and girls went to bed around the world...
then i remember staying up the whole night just because i thought it would
set back christmas for everyone and it would be funny.."  - my friend shortie