Seattle Earthquake

Matthew Schlegel matthewsc at crossgain.com
Wed Feb 28 21:55:56 UTC 2001

Bellevue/Redmond area went for a ride, but no damage from my
perspective.  No land line interruption and T1 service stayed solid
into the Westin.  My sprint PCS service was getting fast busy dialing
out to a land line, but wireless web browsing still worked fine.  I
had fully working cell service back by 12:30PM.  As of 1:50PM, all
service seems to be normal.  Our service providers phones are
currently non-op however, but no outages noticed so far.

Reports I've seen so far are saying that this was not the big quake
predicted for this area, so I'm wondering what effects this quake
will have on the one building.

Matthew Schlegel
Network Engineer
Crossgain Corporation