Next NANOG

Lucy E. Lynch llynch at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Feb 28 16:23:19 UTC 2001

Alex -

We did the one in Eugene for under 10k, but we're a University
with lots of personnel in place - and student bodies to throw
at the thing.

Our big costs were US West curcuits into the hotel (6xT1 - we could have
gotten away with 4xT1) and cable - we had lenghts cut to fit the table
layout in the ballroom. We had switches & such on hand, and we "borrowed"
terminal room machines from one of the student labs -

Everyones starting resource base is different, so take this with
a grain of salt -

My notes from our event can be found here:

http://pythia.uoregon.edu/~llynch/hosting.html
http://pythia.uoregon.edu/~llynch/nanog16.html

This was a great event for the UO - and a LOT of work, as I'm
sure any of the other recent hosts could tell you.

Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
llynch at darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774
Cell: (541) 912-7998			5419127998 at mobile.att.net