Warning: Cisco RW community backdoor.

SMcGrath at dhhs.state.nh.us SMcGrath at dhhs.state.nh.us
Tue Feb 27 21:08:39 UTC 2001

Same here
Cisco account manager sent us a notification of the bug.

Scott

Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>@merit.edu on 02/27/2001 08:11:31 AM

Sent by:  owner-nanog at merit.edu

To:   Jim Duncan <jnduncan at cisco.com>
cc:   nanog at merit.edu

Subject:  Re: Warning: Cisco RW community backdoor.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001, Jim Duncan wrote:

> As a side note, this is a problem with the standards.  In particular,
> how the standards _require_ a function to be implemented.

<TONGUE LOCATION="CHEEK">
  Now, if only all other standards were implemented so faithfully
  by all the vendors ..
</TONGUE>

:-)

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

And yes, we received a call at work from our cisco rep outlining the
bug a few days ago. That was really nice of them. Well done guys.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd        "The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<adrian at creative.net.au>  from half way around the world should be viewed