Beer and Gear surprise

Owen DeLong owen at dixon.delong.sj.ca.us
Thu Feb 22 07:47:59 UTC 2001

>     > In talking with many other people at that NANOG,
>     > both male and female, they didn't find the shorts offensive and
>     > infact where sought after.
>
> zoc-int-brk01#shorts?
> % Unrecognized command
>
> John, _I_ found it offensive.  When I need underwear, I damned well go to
> a department store.  I don't go looking for them at a conference.  If
> you're at a conference looking for underwear rather than hoping to
> exchange clue, I'd suggest you're there for the wrong reason.
>
>                                 -Bill

A conference... I'm not sure about that.  _THE_ NANOG conference is definitely
the wrong venue for "Looking" for underwear.  But as I understand it, there
has been a long tradition of Internet-arranged conferences that resulted in
the exchange of underwear/etc.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.  This was not the
email you were looking for.  Move along.  Move along.

Owen