Network for Sale

David Diaz davediaz at iwcinc.net
Thu Feb 22 05:34:32 UTC 2001

<last rant>

I am not one of the guys "there" and do not take credit for their
work.  I wont bother arguing the same comments that are posted once a
year.  It would probably bring up the argument of defining transit
free and tier1.  Im not sure a arguing a company with 4 T1s and
limited public peering was tier1.  I think there is a bit more there
and it was not a "little" evolution.  That credit goes to the 185
some odd employees there today "making it happen."  I think it's
wrong to cheapen the efforts of all those who put in the hours there
to take it to 50 facilities and overbuild the network at least 4
times since.

Anyone want to remember gated and those old GRF routers?  To all the
peers that peered with Netrail when a BGP session bounced, and just
gave us a nod instead of a shout... you deserve some thanks also.  I
would like to believe some of the lessons learned from the GRFs ended
up reincarnated in todays Junipers.