Beer and Gear surprise

Ukyo Kuonji kawaii_iinazuke at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 19:01:36 UTC 2001

I will accept your word that people were leaving before the end, however I
know that the beer and gear didn't start early, and I got whatever there was
to get, and even a little extra from a couple vendors.  There seemed to have
been no shortage that would have required people to get there early.

At 21, the doors to beer and gear were not opened until 5:30.  I would have
to propose that if there is a problem with people leaving early to go to
beer and gear, just close the doors to the beer and gear until the
designated start time.

I believe that the reason why people left the IXP panel in DC was that it
was a pretty darn boring panel.  You tend to get people drifting after the
3rd presenter anyway, and although I stayed for the whole thing, I certainly
was starting to fall asleep.  This may have been a problem in Atlanta with
the VPN panel as well.  After the 3rd presentation people tent to shut down.
  Better to keep each presentaation short, and just spark more questions
than put everyone to sleep.

---
Opinions in this email are the personal opinions of the author and are not
associated with author's employer.  This email account is a not the regular
email account of the author and is being used for the protection of the
employer.