Beer and Gear surprise

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Feb 21 11:03:54 UTC 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001, Stephen Stuart wrote:

> > <rumor>
> >
> > Sponsors were specifically asked _not_ to give out clothing, as the
> > Cisco boxer shorts distributed at NANOG 20 were somehow deemed
> > offensive and discriminatory.
> >
> > </rumor>
>
> <fact>
>
> At NANOG 20, there was a mad rush from the meeting room before
> technical talks were over for the day to get to the Beer and Gear to
> suck up all the vendor trinkets. This was perceived as being
> astoundingly disrespectful to the people who take the time to put
> together a presentation and deliver it.

Intelesting. Perhaps for the next nanog meeting a delay of say,
30 minutes could be introducted between the end of a presentation
and the beer-n-gear session coupled with the beer-n-gear being shut
to prevent trinket rush-hour?

On another nanog side-note, congrats to the people running the
external realmedia feed this meeting. I was watching it from out
here in Amsterdam and the stream was flawless. Besides the
obvious camera refocus, etc. :-)

adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Romance novel?"