Network for Sale

Jay jay at opnix.com
Tue Feb 20 07:50:11 UTC 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, John Fraizer wrote:

> And just how do you know when someone went through a NAP?

...read the code when OpRoute is released at the end of this month.

> Very interested.  I _REALLY_ get off on screwing with marketing hype
> motivated people.

It would seem you _REALLY_ get off on screwing with anyone that does not
think the same way you do. If you would like to carry-on a flame war with
me, why don't we take it off list.

> Let me guess.  IRIS doesn't run on the 75xx or 120xx?

No, it doesn't. It does, however, fully integrate with BGP4-enabled
routers -- Cisco, Juniper, Lucent, Nortel, Foundry, Riverstone, etc...

> Rules of thumb in internet marketing to geeks:
>
> (1) Make it work with Cisco
> (2) Make it ACT like Cisco

Thanks for the pointers; already covered though. IRIS does work just fine
with Cisco gear and, just like most other network gear CLIs, the IRIS CLI
should act similar to IOS.

> It's real easy when you have ENGINEER types holding the purse.  You don't

Four of the five founders of Opnix (including myself) are "engineer
types."

> let the Marketing Types release BULLSHIT to the word.  If/When they do,
> you fire their dumb %$$es.  It's that simple.  They have released

It seems someone with a marketing degree must have pissed in your
Cheerio's or something. Like any other group of people, there are both
good and bad within the group. Like I said, engineering and marketing
usually don't mix well. We all know that. We get plenty of opportunities
to flame marketing and sales people for SPAM on lists -- we probably don't
need to put any more effort into it. :)

Again, if you want to have a flame-war, let's take it off-list.

~Jay

--
~Jay

.. Jay Jacobson           Chief Executive Officer ..
.. Opnix, Inc.                   http://opnix.com ..
..        Innovating Internet Intelligence        ..