Delicious Network for Sale

Jay jay at opnix.com
Mon Feb 19 22:03:43 UTC 2001

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Alex Bligh wrote:

> So if I buy transit from players like Internap / Opnix & implement
> a similar system, am I tier-1, tier--1, or the victim of meaningless
> marketing hype?

The "Tier-n" argument is never-ending. I think the bottom-line is that (no
offense) marketing people like it, engineers hate it. :)

When discussing Opnix, I won't use the "Tier-0" stuff. I prefer to just
stick with discussing our Internet/route intelligence technologies -- not
basic network architecture.

In the end, given all the "Tier-n" hype (good word, BTW), its probably
best to just ignore any sentence with the word "tier" in it and read the
rest. :)

--
~Jay

.. Jay Jacobson           Chief Executive Officer ..
.. Opnix, Inc.                   http://opnix.com ..
..        Innovating Internet Intelligence        ..