'Old wine in new bottles.'

Martin Hannigan hannigan at fugawi.net
Sun Feb 18 00:24:53 UTC 2001

At 02:48 PM 2/17/2001 -0700, Rodney Joffe wrote:

>Roland Dobbins wrote:
> >
> > I'm sure most've you have already seen this - but if not, be advised
> > that Network Solutions are now more aggressively marketing the contents
> > of WHOIS to spammers, etc.:
> >
> > http://public.wsj.com/sn/y/SB982282009562632162.html
>
>To be more accurate:
>
>They are aggressively marketing *some* of the contents of WHOIS to
>Postal Mail marketers. e-mail addresses are *not* provided. Spam is
>UBE/UCE sent to e-mail addresses (says Paul Vixie, so it must be true
>:-))

Yes, but same damn thing. I was never asked if I wanted to check off
"Do not solicit". My record was created when some of the people at NSI
gave a hoot.

I used to respect Network Solutions. "Used to" is the key phrase.

-M

Regards,

Martin Hannigan                    hannigan at fugawi.net
Fugawi Networks                    Engineering
Boston, MA                         http://www.fugawi.net
Ph: 617.742.2693                   Fax: 617.742.2300