T3 Latency

Paul Bradford pbradford at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 17 16:00:33 UTC 2001

Charles,
   One thing I have a hard time explaining to some customers is that
latency is one thing....  what does it tell me... it tells me that from
one hop to another things are a bit slow.... the real important thing is
how are you're throughput speeds... I started a thread a while back asking
a similar question... is ping/traceroute a good measurement of throughput
on the link?  the unanimous response was use pathchar or mtr or ttcp which
all give you a better guestimate of how your link is doing performance
wise..

Thanks,
Paul

	A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
			-- Willie Wonka
\
Paul A. Bradford CCNA				Adelphia High Speed Data
Voice: (814)274-6663			        Network Engineer II
Fax: (814)274-0780				paul at adelphia.net
ICQ #6054021					pbradford at adelphia.net