Systemic problems at Verizon

dave o'leary doleary at juniper.net
Fri Feb 16 18:50:20 UTC 2001

At 01:20 PM 2/16/01 -0500, David Lesher wrote:
>There exist little red caps that fit onto 66 blocks and binding
>posts.

I remember these, we only had a few so we used them on the
most important ckts.

>We used to protect leased metallic pairs in a simpler manner; we
>parked +130 Tip/-130 Ring on same. When Mr. Green put his butt set
>on same; if his fingers didn't alert him, the BANG in his ear did.

T1 local loops were powered from the CO throughout the early 80s
since the CSU was part of the service offering and telco wanted to
make sure that they could loop the CSU even if the power was down at
the user site.  fun fun fun.

                                                 dave