happy bday IGS-R

Paul Lantinga prl at q9.com
Fri Feb 16 04:51:35 UTC 2001

Good thing all this is getting archived - it's cool to know some of what was
happening out in the trenches back then.

My IGS had a sticker on it that said, "Property of Stanford University".  It
was the router that UUNET placed at the now non-existent eit.com (Enterprise
Integration Technologies) and came bundled with a massive rackmounted Cylink
csu/dsu.  The folks at Cylink thought that I was on crack when I called
about a manual for it - the woman on the phone didn't even realize that
Cylink had ever made them.   Even better was when we changed providers to
geo.net and tried to get UUNET to come pick up the router and csu/dsu.  They
were decidedly not excited about having it back in their inventory and
refused to come and take it back.

Anyway, it's hard to say who won the most points... most people got the GI
reference and nearly everyone who responded privately had worked on rev's
much older than what I have - ack! even version 6.x!  Thanks to all for the
thread.

-Paul LANtinga
Q9 Networks.